|AMOUNT PER SERVING|
|Calories 47||Calories from Fat 2|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Who knew Borscht could be so good
1 large red onion
finely chopped 2 cloves garlic
minced 3 beets with leaves (beets peeled and grated, stems and leaves separated and chopped)
2 carrots, thinly sliced or grated
1 cup shredded red cabbage
1 cup swiss chard (stems and leaves separated and chopped)
5 cups vegetable stock or water
3 tablespoons sherry or red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
Plant based sour cream to serve
1. Heat a non-stick soup pot and add onion and a splash of water and sauté until onion is softened about 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add beet stems, swiss chard stems, sliced carrots and vegetable stock or water and bring to a boil.
4. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add cabbage and grated beets and cook 5 minutes more.
6. Add beet greens and chard and cook for 5 more minutes until wilted.
7. Add vinegar, sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve immediately.