|AMOUNT PER SERVING|
|Calories 72||Calories from Fat 6|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 1g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 17g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Decadent Chocolate Maple Cake with Maple Cream
1¾ cup goji berries
1¼ cups water + 6 tbsp
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tbsp ground flax seeds
¾ cup maple syrup
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1½ cups gluten free pastry flour with xanthum gum such as Bob’s Red Mill*
¾ cup raw cacao powder
1½ teaspoons baking soda
1 tsp salt
Triple recipe of Maple Coconut Cream
Makes 25 squares.
*If your gluten-free flour does not include xanthum gum, add 1 1/2 tsps of xanthum gum yourself to the dry ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In the mean time, lightly spray a 9” x 9” square cake pan or 9” round springform pan with grapeseed oil (you can skip this step if your pan is non-stick).
- Place goji berries with remaining 1¼ cups water in a high-speed blender and blend until very smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, raw cacao powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add goji berry purée, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla to the bowl with ground flax seeds and water. Mix well. Add dry ingredients slowly to wet ingredients, mixing until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes. When a cake stick or knife comes out clean, let cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cut into 25 squares. Top with a dollop of Maple Coconut Cream.