|AMOUNT PER SERVING|
|Calories 98||Calories from Fat 4|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 21g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
1 cup cornmeal (we prefer fine for soft polenta but medium will also do)
5 cups water for traditional method, 4 cups for effortless method
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine cornmeal and water in a large saucepan and bring to boil whisking as you go so no clumps form.
2. Turn heat to low, and keep cooking for about 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so and adding water to desired consistence if it becomes too thick.
3. Adjust salt and pepper and serve immediately.
1. Preheat oven to 350. In an 8 x 8 oven-proof glass dish, combine cornmeal with water.
2. Add salt and pepper and stir to combine.
3. After 30 minutes, stir polenta and return to oven for 15 more minutes.